View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 28, 2016, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Weather conditions at Tip-Off

Hi Guys,
To be honest I haven't had time to look for this answer myself just figured Id throw it out to the experts. I'm a coach(Boo Hiss).

So we have an away playoff game and its warm in the gym but not stifling or unsafe. On the end of the gym where we will play offense in the first half there are a set of double doors in each corner that are wide open. So we are warming up in the cold and you can feel the air moving constantly. Now I am not suggesting that there would be a wind factor but there was a minimum 20 degree difference from one end of the court to the other.

When the officials came over and went through the pregame talk and asked if I had questions I actually had one for a change: "Are those doors staying open all night? Im fine if they stay open all night but I don't want to play offense in the cold and then have them play offense in the warmth in the 2nd half when the doors close."

The officials looked at each other and didn't really know what to say.

So I was wondering if there are any provisions either explicit or implied that prohibit a home field advantage like this or at least something I perceive as an advantage.

I'll come back and say what happened but wondered what others thought or had seen situations similar to this.

Thanks