View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 25, 2016, 03:58pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty15 View Post
I am a fan, just trying to become more educated and glad I found this forum. I understand the incidental/judgement call i guess but isnt the rule i stated earlier being disregarded? I guess IMO, an open court blatant stiff arm to an opponent sure looks bad and should be something. A Warning/Foul, a "hey kid, knock it off" thanks for input gentlemen, always nice to hear diff POV

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk
You seem to have taken the question as I intended it, but I wanted to clarify anyway. I didn't ask to denigrate your opinion, only to understand your perspective.

Whether it looks bad is often unrelated to whether it is illegal, and officials aren't (or shouldn't be) concerned with whether a play looks bad. Most of us are having a hard time envisioning a game where this is happening multiple times, with an advantage gained, and no call being made.

In the end, it's up to the official's judgment whether it created an advantage or not. If the official deems the contact isn't creating an advantage, then the rule you quoted earlier is not being disregarded, it's being judged differently than you think it should. There's a difference.

Without seeing video, though, it's impossible for us to judge.