View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 25, 2016, 02:16pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Clearly a travel...caught it in real time as well on the replays.

I was going to post this play but for a different reason. I've been to a couple of college camps and several folks there have said some assignors don't want a little travel or carry etc...type of call in the last second of this type of game. Logic being is that in those type of situations to let the players decide and not a little violation from the ref to decide the game.

Don't necessarily agree with it and I was wondering if others heard the same thing at other camps?

Also wouldn't the trail in this start the clock via the precision timing device on his belt? The table wouldn't start the clock in this situation right?

Back to my original point even if this was a 'little travel' that some assignors may not want called it was clear as day he took multiple steps and those steps allowed for an advantage to let him get the shot off. I would still call this in any game I worked, but the trail was still way behind the play.

The most important point though is the result of this play may FINALLY allow me to fill in Oregon State on a NCAA tournament pool!