View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 24, 2016, 03:29pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Did I miss a post where someone said there was something wrong with calling people Mr. or Mrs. or Miss???

It is admirable that you raised your kids that way. For the record, I did, too. But that has diddly squat to do with the original post in this thread.

Simple Question: If/when a player addresses you as "Hey, Bad" (since I have no idea what your first name is), how do/will you respond?
I saw the posts where people who introduce themselves as Mr. or Miss are considered to be A-holes and narcissistic, so my response is in that context.

When I say no player knows my first name, I'm dead serious. I am not part of any of the local sports circles, my only connection is that I officiate basketball. I don't have any close friends who have kids who play in my leagues. I'm a military brat and spent 22 years in the military myself. It is very easy to for me to be disconnected.

If a player addressed me by first name I probably would not even realize he was speaking to me, I would just assume he was calling out to a teammate. But it has never happened, and the Asperger's in me doesn't allow me to worry about hypotheticals.

BTW, just got a tornado warning, have to evacuate to a secure room.