View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 23, 2016, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I do not totally disagree, but there are plays we make that are considered subjective by the participants. If we call a T on someone, it is subjective. We do not always give those out because we missed a call, but what a coach or player thinks. We can get all the calls right that does not mean we will not have to deal with some BS. And even more, the video tape might be the be the only way those participating knows we got it right. It does not work all the time at the time and we all know this.

Peace
I agree. Too many officials (and typically ones that are not as strong/good as others...) cause more of their own problems vs problems that normally present themselves during the game. The BS that you speak of is oftentimes CAUSED by the official.

I've worked w/ several officials this season that cause friction between themselves and others (coaches, players, partners, etc.) simply by the way the act/talk/behave. It boggles my mind...and these are guys that have worked state final games!

I, along with my crew, strive to be the calmest person in the arena. That's the goal anyway...

(I'll probably need to be "calm" in a few minutes as anything other than face/face verbal communication tends not to be very effective...I'm sure plenty of others will come along shortly and misinterpret my comments above.)