View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 19, 2016, 03:37pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB View Post
Unfortunately, some states like Ohio hae a system where the coaches have a pretty big say in playoff rating and in-person assignments, though this is slowly changing.

We used to have an official here that used to throw a pretty big barbecue for coaches in this corner of the state. Many coaches also had enough influence to even get officials at away games off their contracts if he found out who they were and were on their blackball list.
System aside, do you need to be talking to coaches to get that accomplished?

I can tell you that my coaches ratings have been in the 90 percentile for years (other factors for us in the playoffs too BTW) and I have never tried to make coaches happy. I am direct with coaches (which does not always go over well) and when they ask me a question I give them an answer. I never try to make them happy and my ratings are just fine and have been for years from coaches.

I think we worry too much about what a coach is going to say to us rather than just working hard and control what we can control, like our hustle, mechanics and rules knowledge.

I think communication with coaches is important, but it is telling them what you know, not trying to make them happy when we tell it to them.

Peace