View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 18, 2016, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Reporting - If I'm going to be in front of the table to report anyway and I can see the coach has a concern or question I can address as i get back into position for the next play I can do that.

Dead Time - If we are making a correction to the shot clock, or waiting for an injured player, etc. Any of these times I will go over near coaches to see if they have a question or concern to bring up.

Adminstering Free Throws - If my partner is reporting and I'm at the bottom I might step towards the coaches side between free throws (that aren't going to be live) in order have a quick listen before administering #2.

Post Quarter or Halftime Breaks - Coming out of breaks as we get set up or get players moving if a coach needs a moment so long as things are moving quickly I can find one.

Deal with it when its in front of you - If something has happened and I know an explanation is going to be looked for give it then quick. We've got a local coach who doesn't complain but on every block call in a potential PC situation coach just walks toward the calling official/table as they report asking what player x did or asking if the call was because player x did (fill in the blank). We tell him what we had and move on.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!