View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 17, 2016, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I disagree. If everyone except the kid is looking at him like he is a fool, the fact that they let him run down the court and let him shoot doesn't make it a live ball and a correctable error.

If the shots were announced as "2", the officials administered as 2, the other players reacted as 2, and the trial never chopped time in, it is a dead ball....and there really is no "error". You could issue a T, but I wouldn't if I thought the kid just spaced out and kept playing.
Again, the Op IS titled how do you correct error. Also, the op has B shoot the ball, it goes in and THEN the officials realize the error. B acting like a clown, dribbling ALL the way down the floor with everyone looking at him isn't part of the OP.

And again, if there's another FT to shoot and B takes off with the ball I will blow the whistle..soon...probably twice. If he continues all the way down the floor and shoots the ball he is getting a T.

Finally, Tim is saying that if the official announces two shots and B rebounds the first FT the ball remains dead even if everyone played all the way down floor...and the officials officiated. He says the ball only becomes live when it is at A1 disposal after B basket. That just isn't true. In correctable error situations the officials allow play to continue and consumed time, points scored are not nullified. The regular dead ball live ball rule does not apply when there is an error.

Last edited by BigCat; Wed Feb 17, 2016 at 03:47pm.