View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 17, 2016, 11:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
The rule book lays out how to handle not awarding a merited free throw, and that doesn't include canceling the score by Team B.

In fact, and I don't have my rule book handy, I believe it says something like "everything that happens before the error is found, including scoring, is not cancelled."
That only applies to any ensuing action after the ball becomes live subsequent to a correctable error.

Read the OP - break it into a sequence:
1. A1 is awarded 2 free throws
2. After the first free throw, B1 rebounds the ball and goes to the other end and scores.

Now look at the applicable rules:
1. By rule, the ball becomes immediately dead when it is clear the first free throw attempt will be unsuccessful if a second attempt is to follow.
2. By rule, a goal can only be scored when the ball is live.

Finally, review the rules on how a ball can become live, and tell us how a ball that is dead by rule after the first FT is missed suddenly becomes live again so B1 could take it down court and score. Please provide a rule citation.

The only way the ball would remain live after the miss on the first attempt is if the officials erroneously indicated only one free throw, and there is absolutely nothing in the OP to support that.