View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 11, 2016, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

I am a stickler for keeping the game moving. On foul outs as soon as I tell the coach I inform the timer to give me a 20 second timer, after 5 seconds (no matter how many times I tell timers before the game that we get a horn AT 15 seconds remaining on all official clock stoppages, even foul outs) I have them hit the horn.

I tell the coach he HAS to have someone at the table before the 20 seconds ends. Closest it ever got was kid got there at the same time as the horn. The few times coaches try and get mouthy I have a standard response, "coach just get me the sub lets not make things worse."

This is not the time IMO to have a discussion with the coach, it rarely goes well. The few times a partner is moving way to slow I will step in to remind the timer and the coach that we need to get moving.

Since I pregame this all the time it's not my fault my partner goes off script. For the most part this isn't an issue.

2 minutes would NEVER happen in a game I'm on. By 30 seconds I've got my nose in the process, by 45 seconds if we are still in the same spot I'm Ting if my partner is unable to get things rolling. What's my partner going to say, "Just because I don't have the balls to take care of business why are you such an a-hole?"