View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 11, 2016, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezer11 View Post
117 seconds? Is that a typo? Because he shouldn't get this type of leeway on something like this. If there isn't someone at least starting to go toward the bench at 20, we're shooting free throws. How in the world could it go that long?
It was around two minutes; I could be off by 5-10 seconds. I'm not sure how it went that long, but I wasn't going to go over and get in my partner(s) business.

In case anyone is wondering what did happen: I was the lead official who gave the ball to V which ended up in an uncontested 2-pointer. At the time it seemed like the correct way to go after blowing my whistle and telling the coach I was starting(Then having him ignore me like he did the official telling him it was time to go). After I got home and thought about the play I regretted how I handled the ordeal. Was probably my most frustrating game(s) all season by a long shot, for several reasons.

1) The girls game was a great game, but was decided after I called a T on the home team. Girl was mouthing off after a call, which I let go. Then started talking again, which I let go. Then slammed the ball down for the entire world to see right in front of the V bench/fans. Couldn't justify letting that one go, so had to deal with the home fans calling me a cheater for the majority of the BV game.

2) Coach, who I gave the benefit of the doubt, asked a "question" which was really just wanting to tell me the foul I had was garbage and would I start making better calls. He only had five players, in his opinion, that knew how to play basketball. So he got upset at about half the foul calls. After my response to his statement that my calls were garbage he left me alone for the rest of the game.

3) The two minutes to replace a player drove me nuts.

4) He ran in front of my partner, on the court, to b**** about a foul he thought was a travel. I would've given him an easy tech here, but partner let him off the hook.

The one interesting part was after I gave V coach the ball, the H coach didn't have the balls to get angry at me. He got mad at one of my partners, who then told him I warned you coach and that was the end of that. Other partner was some D1 guy that worked some voodoo magic on the coach to shut him up. V were up by two, H has the ball and dribbles it out of bounds against a phantom defender. Then, with plenty of time left, the H coach tells his team not to foul???? V dribbles it out, ball game.

I'm just somewhat frustrated at myself because I'm pretty sure I did what I did out of frustration and not thinking clearly. Even though at the time I thought I was.