View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 10, 2016, 10:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
And the other real problem is that coaches don't know the rules either so they don't know when to complain.
This is usually the case. But not always.

Recently my crew dorked up a FT situation. I was L (U) and paying close attention to a problem child after I called a shooting foul on A1, so I missed that the shot went in. 2.8 seconds left second quarter. Partner (R) was lazy and didn't want to switch, and in the process he didn't tell me that the ball went in. So I announce two shots for B1, he's asleep by the table, and the players don't move after the first shot. FT missed. Then....buzzer. We figure it out and make sure the original FG by B1 is scored, and then we get together and I properly say that since no one moved and the FT was missed, we need to go to the arrow (which was in B's favor).

And this is where I sometimes loathe being the 36-year old U working with the 55-year old R. He says, "no, no, no, I'm not going to reward B with a possession with 2.8 seconds left when they're up by 15; it's A's ball, let's go."

But it gets better! Coach B, to his credit, knows the rule! And he wants his AP throw-in, and the R still doesn't give it to him even after he got called on it. It was....uncomfortable (to say the least).

Last edited by crosscountry55; Wed Feb 10, 2016 at 10:46pm.