View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 05, 2016, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
Caught the first half of a big game a couple nights ago and saw something weird. All the officials are big hitters, I believe all do D1 of a sport. Two are baseball and the other did football for a time. All old so maybe this was a thing years ago. Anyway....

Three minutes left in the quarter and A1 goes up for a lay-up. B1 comes from behind and shoves him out of bounds with no play on the ball. Intentional foul. All three officials got together to talk about the play and I'm guessing on how to administer it. For the first FT they had everyone line up. For the second FT they made them all leave. After both FTs they gave the ball to A under the basket.

I was standing right near the court and there was never any confusion about the intentional foul or how to administer it. They purposely lined them up on the first throw and took them off on the second.

I would have said they just had a brain fart and realized late that the lanes needed to be cleared, but if they intentionally brought them in for the 1st, and sent them away for the 2nd? No clue on why they'd do that.