View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 05, 2016, 11:13am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refhoop View Post
If the coach says it wasn't his intent and the official says he didn't think it was intentional...?
His actions: Intentional & Wrong
His intent to injure: I don't think we can be 100%... but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

And so am I: My is; there are too many coaches up from the bench and inciting players and fans in basketball. You want this to never happen again: Make the coaches sit down the entire game! No way he's headbutting from that bench! I am confident that the foul count and overall emotions in our game will go down when the coaches sit down!
I've worked games where the coaching box wasn't an option. You can bet coaches find a way to get on their feet. This guy would have been up to complain, got his technical foul, and he wouldn't have done anything different. Besides, I'm not inclined to punish all basketball coaches because of one idiot who can't control his temper in the highly stressful situation of a freaking game.

1. I don't take the coach's word for anything in this discussion. Of course he is going to say it wasn't his intent. The video says otherwise. "Demonstrative move?" What the hell was he trying to demonstrate?

2. You don't launch your head, an attempt to headbutt, without putting yourself at risk of assault charges. If he'd thrown a fist, but the official ducked, and then claimed he was just being demonstrative, would you buy that?