View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 05, 2016, 01:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
First of all if I am having a player remove, change or take off the jersey in any way, I am telling them explicitly that they need to do so completely out of the view of the court. And I will make emphasize this so that they realize it could be a T if done. The reason being is the other coach could see this and know the rule. I do not want to even have an issue that someone can say we did not enforce. I do this all the time when there is an undershirt or some other situation where they have to take off their jersey. It is just preventive officiating. Because most of the time they are not going to do what you just suggested and I do not want to hear it all game that we passed on a very easy rule.

Peace
Agreed. That's the first thing I'll tell the HC: The player needs to change his jersey out of the view of the court and for the very reasons JRut laid out. If the player starts changing I'll tell them again. After that it's a T. IMO, that's not being a plumber. If I tell you twice not to do something that warrants a T and you do it anyway, that's your headache.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)