View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 04, 2016, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesman View Post
Search has not found past discussion on this adequately, so given another recent thread's segue into blood on jerseys, etc. ...

Junior needs to change out of a jersey, for whatever reason (blood, wrong type, illegal fashion details, etc.). Officials instruct him to leave (or not enter) game.

Time out. Junior is engulfed by teammates. Nobody can see any disrobing, but -- voila! -- Junior is suddenly ready with legal/adequate jersey as timeout ends. No way he left the visual confines of the court, but nobody actually had a visual of him changing.

Whaddya have?

[Does 10-4-1-h's "within the visual confines of the playing area" mean actually seen within this area, or does it mean reasonable deduction tells you it took place in this area and still must be punished?]

Seems this would not be place for an ordinary "don't be a plumber" admonishment but would like to know from the collective wisdom here.

I got nothing, lets play ball. There was some discussion awhile back on this, I can't remember the exact threads, but someone mentioned something about a girl wearing the wrong jersey and needing to leave to exchange with a different girl. As long as the coach has control of the situation, I am not going going to get worked up about this.