View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 03, 2016, 01:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesman View Post
This might be below many posters here, but I've always wondered (thinking back to kid rec league ball days): Would your answers be as stoic if you saw a much, much bigger kid going after (or even begin pounding) a much, much smaller kid? There can be huge size differences at some of these younger ages.

If you're at the far corner of the floor, away from benches and any stands, there could be some serious damage inflicted on a kid before other help arrives ... while the big man in the stripes is seen clearing out for his own safety/consideration. Stepping back and taking numbers in that case would strike many as less than prudent (some might even say cowardly), liability and lawsuits be damned.

This isn't out of the realm of possibility, so just wondering how you would handle.
If I didn't do anything my lawyer would point toward the coach's incompetence. Coaches are allowed to leave the bench and handle this situation. If I was a coach I'd get anywhere on the court to stop a fight in under 2-3 seconds.

In reality? I'm throwing the bigger kid off if the coach is frozen/slow, which some do, because they're bad.