View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 10:28am
Official Forum Member

Player Equipment

Last night I was working a girls varsity game. The lead called a shooting foul, so I switched him out and the girls were lining up for the free throws. I heard a giggle and some of the players started backing away from the key. I look around and what do my eyes see? A TAMPON is right in the middle of the key! I yelled at the ref who was nearest the table to grab a towel and he gives me the what the hell look, I repeat it as his eyes go to the offending blob. He locks up and just stands there. The scorer holds out a large roll of paper towels. I went over and grabbed the roll. While I was walking towards the problem, I wound about 50 layers of towel around my hand. (Picture an oven mit times 3) I packed the escapee way out from my body over to the trash can which happened to be at the end of the home team’s bench. All the girls and both female coaches were watching me. As I chucked it in the trash can I say, “I thought these things were tied in better than that!” I go back to administer the free throw and one of the girls says, “somebody’s not wearing underwear” We finish the game with no more escapees. In the officials’ room we’re talking about every male’s nightmare, and I asked the guys if they think the crowd could tell what it was that was on the floor. My friend says, “they knew because when you were packing that thing off, you could see a 6” white string hanging straight down!” I think from now on in my pants pocket I’ll carry a pair of those Trojan gloves the doctors use for my annual physical! LOL