View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 21, 2016, 02:15pm
Official Forum Member

Home and visitor book not matching

I'm a parent volunteer for the boys Freshmen team. Working the scoreboard/clock recently when the HBook and VBook were not on the same page. My team is home. HBook has playerX getting his 5th foul early into the 4th quarter. VBook shows only 4 for that player. They have not been matching up the fouls all game (which rarely, if ever, happens on our Freshman table - we're lucky if the VBook is even there).
A huge blow up occurs between the 2 scorers, with the VBook incredulous that it's correct and the home book is "clueless." Now both books are arguing back and forth, and it's causing a scene and I can't hear the referee on the court - game is continuing to be played. Finally, I had enough and after a made basket I hit the horn a few times to get the R to stop play and come to the table.
Was it ok to hit the horn then (as opposed to a true dead ball) to have the R come to the table and settle this? Also, does the VBook have any say in the situation at all, if Hbook is sure he's correct and no one else has any reason to question him?