View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 21, 2016, 01:08pm
TODO: creative title here

I think the biggest thing you could've done differently would've been having a discussion during the timeout that occurred just prior to this throw-in (assuming that there was a timeout, which, based on the description of what happened, there almost certainly was).

Make sure everybody's on the same page as far as who has last-second shot, if the shot can be a try or if it has to be a tap, can the thrower run along the end line, and any other potentially relevant information. Also gives us a chance to take a deep breath and relax just a little bit... when I get in these types of situations, I like to conclude with a "I hope you guys are having fun, because i sure am" just to help keep things loose.

Not sure how this guy would've reacted to such a conference, but at least you could've hashed out the mistaken rule without the "postgame/not really postgame" antics.

In other words, basically what Smitty said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
He said since there was less than .3 it was impossible for a team to score, even with a tip. He said by rule there needs to be .3 seconds on the clock to allow a team to tip it in.
Rebuttal to this "interpretation": If this was actually true, why would we even need to play the last 0.2 seconds? Just end the game right then and be done with it.

Last edited by jTheUmp; Thu Jan 21, 2016 at 01:13pm.