Thread: And 1??
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 20, 2016, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutierrez7 View Post
You asked for input:

Remembering, on the court you are a team and protect each other! What if roles were reversed? In the locker room a partner asked a judgement question and a judgement answer was given. Share knowledge and agree to disagree then move on. Otherwise, the impression is that you are inflexible.

While on the court there might of been an opportunity to protect a partner with a simple comment to the coach, "I had the same call."

If you want a good partner, maybe start out by "being" a good partner?

Tough situation; compliments on not making public a disagreement.

Hope this helps.
I would not recommend lying to a coach. There are other ways to be a good partner. If you disagreed with the call (but, as if often the case, can do nothing about it) find something better to say. In the soccer context (I'm a soccer ref but merely a basketball dad), I've used things like, "coach, he's forty yards closer than you are and had a great angle." "Coach, he had a better look at that than either you or I did." "It's been called the same way all day." But I will never lie to a coach. Period. YMMV. (This also means I very rarely will say it was a good call -- I don't want a negative inference if I don't.)