View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 19, 2016, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

Assistants chirping from bench

GV game tonight. Visiting head coach is notorious for bitching about just about everything. We pregame this and sure enough, my first whistle, she's all over me. It's honestly laughable. A couple calls later she yells at one of my partners. On the way down the court, I tell her, "Coach, we're going to make the calls and you're going to coach your team."

Still in the first quarter, I call another foul and she's on me again. Lining up for the free throws following my report, I say "That's enough, you're done." The good thing is, she backed off after that.

The bad thing is, both teams had assistants that I swear their only purpose was to "police" us. We're hearing "travel", "three seconds", etc., a lot more often than we should in a varsity game. Here's my question: I've already warned V's coach. Is this "advice" from the assistant on the bench enough to warrant a technical? In the home team's case, their coach hasn't said a word to us all night, then what is the proper way to address chirping from assistants?

Last edited by RedAndWhiteRef; Tue Jan 19, 2016 at 10:11pm.