View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 13, 2016, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
I have the same reaction to things like "sieve" or "A rope, a tree, ..." It's directed to a specific person and is intended to be demeaning (or even a threat). It has no place in high school sports.

"Start the bus up.", "Scoreboard", "C'mon stupid, hit the wall" - those don't bother me in nearly the same way. Although the last one does call a specific player stupid, so I may have to rethink that one.
So you have a problem with a group of kids calling a goalie a "sieve"? When you are letting a lot of goals get past you, you are indeed a "sieve".

I don't know where some of you soft wimps come from, but it seems like your kind is taking over the world. We can't say anything that even one person might interpret as demeaning. You pick on a kid for one second and you are a bully guilty of bullying. There are already plenty of leagues/sports for youth that don't keep score because Little Johnny or Little Sally might get beat and have their ego ruined for life.

People in this world need to relax, grow a thicker skin, and learn to ignore other people. I'm so tired of the "offended" crowd screaming to get their way.