View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 08, 2016, 04:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartj17 View Post
Projected Sub: We discussed this the other night in our local meeting. Coaches do it all the time, "Hey Blue, I'm subbing in Player X for Player Y, but she will reenter the next inning"
And the response should have been, "No sir/ma'am. Please provide that change when it is to occur".

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
as a change designated by the coach to take place at a time other than immediately.

With all the responses, I'll stick with my very simple, concise and accurate definition of projected substitution.

There was a discussion a little while ago about confusion among the rules and IMO it is because people try to get too specific and does more to convolute the situation with the mutltude of "...but what if..." scenarios. Yes, the rule do need to be all inclusive, but the simpler the wording, the batter.

Here is how simple it is for all substitutions: The coach gives you a change, it is effective immediately. No other options. If the coach attempts to offer a projected substitution (as defined above), the umpire should notify the coach that this substitution is not being accepted and to resubmit at the appropriate time.