View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 07, 2016, 11:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
No direction locally on compression shorts. On my own, if it allows the kid to play, he's playing, whether it involves me calling them tights/sleeves (black, white, beige, jersey color, all the same, for all players), or if it involves me calling them compression shorts and going with either the jersey color, or the shorts color. I'm pretty strict about fashion issues but without further clarification from the NFHS (what's uniform color, what's the difference between leg sleeves, tights, or compression shorts) I'm on the side of the fence that let's the kid play with anything that can be liberally interpreted as NFHS legal.
This should make you happy. 3-5-7, compression short section should be removed. It hasn't been modified since they made the color rules and allowed tights. It still says undergarments can't extend below the pants...except now we have tights...that go to ankles. Compression shorts, as noted, not supposed to extend below pants. Those are barely visible but rule says they have to match color of pants. While the tights can be black, white beige or predom color...and go down to ankles.
I ignore this section. It can't apply anymore.