View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 07, 2016, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Man this discussion is taking the cake for stupidity. A coach headbutts an official and the conversation goes to what ifs and what should haves to somehow justify the behavior, as if that is exucasble. Then we start drawing parallels to another T and how ALL t's should be administered because this one T was done so "perfectly".

Why does every post on this forum have to turn to fantastical what ifs and what I would do or they should have done. $h!t happens. Coach crossed the line. No excuse. End of story. A T called in a Syracuse game years ago has nothing to do with this.
LOL
i didn't make the OP and link the video because i wanted to report the coach to Law & Order SVU!
i did it so we would talk about basketball situations. video is the absolute best tool for officials, and unfortunately, most guys still read from the case book every meeting and argue about where to have the end of the year chapter get together! but i digress....

i would have shared the video with or without the "headbutt" action. generating discussion from every aspect of this video to the initial call, to the technical, to even dissecting how the Center handled every second of that clip is why i shared it and why this forum exists (i hope). i login every day in hopes that every thread is meant to generate discussion and help us to stay actively involved in the rules and application of them during the season and never meant to ridicule officials, (even coaches or players) but rather point out areas that merit out attention.

i'm not trying to call you out, but if the only thing you took away from the video is that the coach was out of line, that's quite obvious, and you're missing the point of posting.