View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 02, 2003, 03:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb You are not way off base.

I completely agree with the spirit you make you argument. I agree that they do not have to do what they are doing. I think the idea that folks like myself have, just have rules with common sense, that is all. The NCAA makes rules that affect who they are associated with and there is not shady dealings involved. To not allow a kid to pursue other avenues of accomplishment. And that is the point of this article. The players are trying to change those rules and give them more flexible rights within the NCAA. It is their right to attempt to change that. Just like it is your right to say you do not agree. But I think many of us can agree that with the NCAA using millions of dollars to put on these events that the revenue they generate, they could at least allow these kids to open up other opportunities (jobs, other sports that might make money for example). Why can a football player be Minor League Baseball Professional Player and not be able to make money off of being a World-Class Skiier? The NCAA needs more common sense. I guess that does not fall into place the same way as changing conferences does and changing the lives of thousands of atheletes because of the money that will be made on their backs.

Peace