View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 06, 2016, 08:11am
Official Forum Member

I'm going to take this a step further just to see how to handle it.

Lets say they do exactly as they did in the opening post, which we can all agree, was incorrect. After the last free throw, the FSU coach figures out something isn't quite right about the administration of this and questions the officials on it. At this point the officials figure out that the technical foul shots should of been taken first and then we go back to POI.

Would this be an instance where you would go to the alternating possession arrow to deem who would have the ball? Also, the free throws for the shooting foul, their were no defensive players in the lower block. Another thing, what if Roy Williams did not want that player shooting the technical foul shots, but due to mis application of the rule, that is who shot.

I'm just wondering how to get out of this situation if it ever gets this far? I don't want the answer, "Do it the right way, the first time." I have no idea on how to correct all this, but I have a feeling someone on this board probably knows the correct application.