View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 26, 2015, 06:26am
Esteemed Forum Member

Shocked ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
I'm always a little shocked there are states that don't 3-man the majority of JV games.

Here in the Constitution State, I have never officiated, observed, or heard about a three person junior varsity game. I've officiated one three person game in my thirty-five year career. Here in my little corner of the state, 99% of our regular season varsity games are two person, and only one league will request three officials for it's league finals, and that's not a given every year for both genders. State tournament games are not three person until the quarterfinal round.

Why? Maybe it's about money, or lack of training, or the number of officials needed on a nightly basis, but it's mainly due to the fact that the most powerful coaches in the state coaches association are fearful that more fouls will be called, they don't want three officials, and the state high school interscholastic sports governing body does what the coaches lobby wants.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Dec 26, 2015 at 01:42pm.