View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 24, 2015, 01:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
And that's something to be proud of? GMAFB. I know how to parent without whooping my kid.

You have no idea of my experiences or my culture....then again I don't bring that kind of stuff up at every opportunity.
It is not about being proud, it is just the way things are.

Again, if you want a kid calling you by your first name, knock yourself out. But when they come in contact with others, that might not be appreciated. And just like I will have to adapt to your way of thinking, there are people that in life will have to deal with my way of thinking by who they address adults. If they don't, they will get a rude awakening when they come in contact with people that do not share your values. And when I say "culture" that encompasses many things like race, social status, area of the country, age, or even type of community. I am from the Midwest and when I am in rural areas most people even if they are an adult calls you "sir" or "ma'am" accordingly anyway. Now when I am in the suburbs, those individuals might think they need to refer to you by other ways that some might not find as respectful. Either way, no kid is calling me by my first name.

Peace