View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 16, 2015, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I do not know the most FTs in any game I officiated, but I do remember having two women's college games with 53 fouls called in the game and a boys' H.S. varsity game with 60 fouls in the game. The weird thing about the two college games was that

The two college games had a deja vu quality to them. The games happened so long ago that I can name the schools and the guilty parties won't care. The two games happened in the same season between the same two teams in their home and home series: University of Miami (Coral Gables, FL) and Florida International University (Miami, FL). And you have to remember that both my sister (who was on UMiami's women's golf team) and I attend UMiami at the time and I was semi-dating the starting point guard for UMiami. Things were very different back in the ancient days of women's college basketball; back then the officials were required to sign the score book AFTER the game was over and the players and coaches would line up to shake your hand that thank you for officiating their game, !

MTD, Sr.
Were women still playing half-court in your day?