View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 15, 2015, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner View Post
If anything, enforcing these types of penalties from the PS eliminates doubt on throwing the flag for marginal/close calls. Under the current enforcement, personally, I'm going to look at a close/marginal play that could be holding and ask myself how much impact is the action in question has on the play. If the action is away from the play, I'll pass because the result is a 16-17 yard penalty in a situation where no significant advantage was gained. If the action occurs in a situation in which the defender had a chance to make a play, then I'll flag it. Please note, I'm referring to close/marginal situations. If the enforcement occurs from the PS, I'm still going to take all things into consideration except for the enforcement of the penalty. If I know the penalty is 10 yards from the PS, I'm not even considering the enforcement in making the decision to throw the flag.
Not sure how this would change depending on the enforcement. If it is marginal today, it should be marginal tomorrow and that equals no flag.