View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 13, 2015, 03:57pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Go Saint Mary's ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Fifth graders.
We have a new Catholic middle school assignment commissioner, some guys left, I decided to try it for, at least, another year.

Girls "junior varsity" game yesterday. Fifth, and sixth graders. Blue team with white numbers against blue team with black numbers. Same exact color blue. My partner and I have almost sixty years of experience between us. We can handle this. We'll go black versus white. One minute into the game, held ball, easy, until we discover that the teams are going the wrong way, so we turn them around. Rich's teenage official could probably do a better job than my crew yesterday.

Same game. I turn to the crowd during a timeout and state "I've got twenty bucks that says that the blue team wins".

Next game, I turn to the crowd during a timeout and state, "I've got twenty bucks that says that Saint Mary's wins". You guessed it. It was Saint Mary's versus Saint Mary's.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)