Thread: Fan Ejected
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 11, 2015, 10:26am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
#1: Sorry.

#2: It's inferred from the Twitter dialogue that an eyewitness said "the official stopped the game....and pointed." Or something like that.

But I don't want to get wrapped around the axle about this particular case because there are a lot of gaps in the details. I was using it as a segue to the broader topic of "what's the best way to handle a situation like this?" Good discussion so far, although I respectfully disagree with deecee's very direct approach. I'm just saying I would at least start by trying to use a middleman (i.e. game manager).
I've had one fan removed from a game. I went to game admin, who always sat near the scorer's table at this site. It was obvious that I was the one who had the fan removed b/c I had to walk across the court to inform admin about the situation.

Later in the game (in OT in fact), I called a foul on a defender, who was then taunted by the person he fouled (Tyrod Taylor). When I turn around from reporting everything, there is a fight at the top of the stands between Taylor's dad and the other player's uncle.

IOW, we had a great crowd that night. And bottom line, when I have a unruly crowd like that to deal with, I'm more concerned about safety than I am about the optics.