View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 06, 2015, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgc99 View Post
I get film from every game I work, and I break down every play. If I get on YouTube, so be it. I'm at a level where I'm comfortable with that fact and will continue to work games. but there is a level where we all begin. The people in the video look like rookies and it is not appropriate for some fan to film the game, clip one play, and post that play on the Internet and this forum looking for people to criticize and humiliate. Everyone started by working a lower level. I'm lucky that YouTube wasn't this popular when I started. We have a shortage of officials at lower levels. This is one of the reasons ... Fans at these games are typically much morse than those at the college level. Who wants to be verbally abused for two hours and humiliated on the Internet for $25?
I wonder how many see it this way -- honestly curious. Coaches want me on big games and I still do full on stupid stuff.

Thread is getting goofy, but I'll end it on a comical note:

Had a pretty good 3man JV game Thursday night. Was working a JV/Varsity double header and we had a first time 3man official for the JV game. Did everything I could to make him feel comfortable with the crew. Great pregame. Got most of the officials nerves out of the way. Everyone smiling getting ready to run out. Do captains, coaches, and books... everything looking great. I go to administer the jump ball... and... put the ball down and sprint out of the gym for a whistle. Thought I'd never make this mistake but it finally happened after eight years.

Recording went straight to the assigner.