View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 06, 2015, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
Some legit points, but there's way more good than harm. You aren't really an official unless you are on youtube with 10k+ views blowing a call.

After every game I go to the AD and ask if they record the game. If so, I ask if I could get a copy of it. I get at least 70% of my games on video and watch them. If it wasn't for this strategy there's no way I'd be as good as I am. There's plenty of times I watch and go think how did I screw that call up so bad. We all screw up plays, and sometimes pretty badly.

I take zero offense to knowing those schools also see me blow the call and go, "Get a load of this clown!" All part of the job, shake it off.
I get film from every game I work, and I break down every play. If I get on YouTube, so be it. I'm at a level where I'm comfortable with that fact and will continue to work games. but there is a level where we all begin. The people in the video look like rookies and it is not appropriate for some fan to film the game, clip one play, and post that play on the Internet and this forum looking for people to criticize and humiliate. Everyone started by working a lower level. I'm lucky that YouTube wasn't this popular when I started. We have a shortage of officials at lower levels. This is one of the reasons ... Fans at these games are typically much morse than those at the college level. Who wants to be verbally abused for two hours and humiliated on the Internet for $25?