View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 06, 2015, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgc99 View Post
I hate that we are in an age where people with a cheap cell phone camera and a free youtube account can film a video clip like this and post it to the internet for the intention of embarrassing an official.

The officials on this game are clearly not working high level basketball (no offense to the OP's daughter, but the OP should check his level of humility, too), and are certainly not at a level where it is fair for them to be humiliated on the internet.

Missed call? Yes. But there were probably at least 20 others in that game alone.
Some legit points, but there's way more good than harm. You aren't really an official unless you are on youtube with 10k+ views blowing a call.

After every game I go to the AD and ask if they record the game. If so, I ask if I could get a copy of it. I get at least 70% of my games on video and watch them. If it wasn't for this strategy there's no way I'd be as good as I am. There's plenty of times I watch and go think how did I screw that call up so bad. We all screw up plays, and sometimes pretty badly.

I take zero offense to knowing those schools also see me blow the call and go, "Get a load of this clown!" All part of the job, shake it off.