Thread: Fashion Fun
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 06, 2015, 04:07pm
Esteemed Forum Member

It's An Italian Coach ...

Than you for caring coach, and for, at least, making an attempt to instruct your players properly. If all my local coaches would take the few minutes that you took to instruct their players, we wouldn't have as many of the fashion problems that we have.

Here are the rules in a nutshell:

Headbands, wristbands, arm sleeves, knee sleeves, lower leg sleeves, and tights, shall be the solid color black, white, beige, or the predominant color of the jersey, and the same color for each item, and all participants. Anything worn on the arm, and/or the leg (except a knee brace), is defined as a sleeve. Only a single item may be worn on the head (with no extensions), and/or on each wrist. Sweatbands must be worn below the elbow. Rubber, cloth, or elastic bands, of any color, may be used to control hair. Undershirts must be similar in color to the uniform jersey, and shall not have frayed, or ragged edges.

(Note: I would rather not discuss compression shorts. The NFHS has really muddied the water on that piece of equipment.)

In a perfect world, the following would occur immediately after the head coach passes out the uniforms:

Setting: A high school locker room. Socks, and towels, are strewn around on the floor. There's a slight smell of perspiration in the air.

Coach: Our home uniform jerseys are white. If you want to wear an undershirt at home, it must be a white undershirt. As the coach I'm telling you now, that if you want to wear headbands, wristbands, arm sleeves, knee sleeves, lower leg sleeves, or tights, I have unilaterally decided that they must be solid black. No other color choices. Period. Also, headbands can't have extensions, I don't want my players looking like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Capiche?

Players: Yes Coach.

Coach: Our road uniform jerseys are blue. If you want to wear an undershirt on the road, it must be a blue undershirt. As the coach I'm telling you now, that if you want to wear headbands, wristbands, arm sleeves, knee sleeves, lower leg sleeves, or tights, I have unilaterally decided that they must be solid black. No other color choices. Period. Also, headbands can't have extensions. Capiche?

Players: Yes Coach.

And ... Scene.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Dec 06, 2015 at 08:06pm.