Thread: Fashion Fun
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 06, 2015, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

Fashion Fun

OK so I'm a coach let the hostility begin.

We have had 3 games in and 3 different interpretations by the officials and although this discussion wont help in our actual games I would like some clarity on the situation.

My teams away uniforms are predominantly green. We have decided that any tights or sleeves will be black, but I don't allow "shooting sleeves" so any sleeves will be t shirt sleeves that end above the elbow.

So in our first game I have a few kids wearing black tights and black undershirts under a green jersey. Its a non official "foundation" game so the officials come over and tell me that the "undershirt" is an extension of the uniform and must be the color of our jerseys. So I quickly pull my kids off and have them take their tee shirts off. I feel like an idiot because I have clearly misunderstood the all important fashion requirements. Thinking that the change of the "sleeves" included sleeves of an undershirt. Official explains to me that sleeve implies a separate sleeve that extends below the elbow. Ok my fault I kicked it.

Game 2: Players are wearing Green jerseys, green undershirts that end above the elbow, and black tights. Officials come to me and say "hey look its early we will cut you some slack but those 3 players are illegally equipped they have green sleeves and black tights". So I'm confused. I ask about the undershirt being same color and they tell me that all under garments must be the same color. Which was my original interpretation. But now I'm just confused and my players are confused and I really have no idea how to move forward.

Game 3: We are in White playing a team wearing Red. Half of them are wearing black undershirts. Half are wearing matching red undershirts. And several are wearing Black tights/leggings. So I am not trying to cause a problem for them I just want some clarification and ask what this interpretation is. The officials tell me that those wearing black/black are ok because they match each other. Those wearing red/black are ok because Jersey/Undershirt "are considered an extension of one another". And now I am just completely confused and my players are just laughing at me because I made kinda a big deal about it before the season.

All games were against D1 teams and I assume D1(top division) officials in the same section. I am not trying to say anything negative here I am just looking for a consensus from the brain trust on what the correct interpretation should be. If it were up to me I would just tell my guys no undershirts but...

Thanks for any help you could offer!