View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 06, 2015, 12:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Guys on my local board, and a few here on the Forum, have referred to the new headband extensions fashion rule as the Skylar Diggins rule.

Today I worked a girls scrimmage with several teams from three different states. Most of the teams wore reversible scrimmage vests (switching colors depending on the opponent), so we chose not to enforce any of the fashion rules (it was only a scrimmage). In a real game, there would have been issues with undershirt colors, headband colors, and headband extensions. We chose not to ignore these issues, rather we cautioned the coaches regarding these rules, especially the new rules, and that these rules would be enforced when their season started in a few days.

One coach remarked that he already informed his girls not to wear any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles headbands. That's funnier than calling them Skylar Diggins headbands.

The $64,000 question: Who can name all four of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? (No fair Googling the answer)
Glad the coach rolled with the punches.

That's standard procedure here too. Basically just a "Hey Coach, since this is a scrimmage it's no big deal, but in the regular season that isn't going to be allowed." Most coaches I've dealt with know the rule and blame their players for not listening to them.