View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 04, 2015, 12:30pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsqrddgd909 View Post
Freshman boys scrimmage.

No. 1. We are in front court, Partner is trail, pass into the post hits the post player A1 on lower leg and bounces away, still on the court. B1 picks up the loose ball. Partner *Tweet* "Kicked ball" A1.

I come to him and said I had a good look at it, it wasn't intentional, in fact the leg wasn't moving, (but the post player was set up pretty wide legged.). He said it's a violation, I said no, it's not.

We gave the ball back to A for a throw in on the endline. Correctly administered?

No. 2. Partner is administering throw in sideline on front court side of division line. A1 releases the throw in, it bounces in front court and is caught in the back court by A2. Partner whistles a back court violation. He tells the coaches the ball can't first touch in the front court. I'm 99% sure he has it wrong, but I let it go. Ideas on what I should have done?
Sit. 1 Why would the offense kick the ball? You never said whose area it was, and I'd have a tough time coming to my partner to 'fix' a kicked ball violation. What information did you bring to him other than you think he kicked the call? Is that really information we are supposed to bring?

Not sure how A got the ball back when A kicked the ball and B recovered after, but as others said it depends on the timing of the whistle.

Sit. 2. This is more the situation to go to your partner because it's less of a judgement play, and more a rules knowledge failure by your partner. Wether or not I would go to my partner depends on how well I know him. If he wants to screw rules all night then I'm not going to bail him out.

After the game I'm not talking about one of his plays unless he brings it up. I might ask if there were any plays he had for me but that's it. I'm definitely talking to the assignor and definitely not emailing him unless we did have a friendly discussion and he wants to learn.