View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 02, 2015, 01:31pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvrapp View Post
So after working the game, here are some things I noticed:

The lights are really bright. Almost to the point that if I looked up I got blinded.

The floor was great to run on, but if I was earning $10 million to play on that floor, there were a lot of what seemed like dead spots.

The board that showed fouls and timeouts only went up to 4 (for fouls) and 3 (for timeouts)! I guess that's because either a) the arena is for NBA or b) the guys working the table didn't know how to work the board. Either way, it made keeping track of the fouls a bit more difficult than normal.

Apparently, the key in NBA is about a foot and a half wider on each side than in NFHS. High school games, the key extends down from the semi-circle at the edge(s) of the foul line. On the Cavs court, the lane lines were outside the edge(s) of the free-throw lines. Didn't know that...

It definitely sounded quieter than normal when we put air in the whistle!

It was fun (and extremely distracting!) to imagine officiating in front of 18,000 people with a bunch of A-list celebrities (well...in Cleveland, maybe B+ list celebrities) sitting 3 feet off the court.

Good times, though.
By what I saw last night, it appeared the HS teams stuck around and donned Cavs uniforms for the game against the Wizards.