View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 29, 2015, 04:43pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Another One Of Those When In Rome ... Issues ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
At least one official on the floor should always have some method of keeping track.
Our local board requires all officials to keep a spare whistle in their pocket and switch pockets at every alternating possession change, as well as at halftime. My spare is an old fashioned Acme Thunderer (with a pea).

I fully realize that is totally frowned upon by almost all other Forum members, but it works well for us, especially at Catholic middle school games where an arrow is not required at the table.

Then, of course, we can always use, "Sorry Coach, we'll make sure that you get the next two out of three alternating possession arrows". This only works under several conditions: You're a veteran official, you have a good relationship with the coach, the score isn't close, and the coach has a great sense of humor. Under any other circumstances, the best we can do is to just say, "Sorry Coach".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)