Thread: girls uniforms
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 25, 2015, 01:24pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Always Listen To bob ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
And, there's some sort of case (or maybe it's really a rule) that head coverings are allowed as long as they are secured.
3-5-4-Exception: State associations may on an individual basis permit a player to participate
while wearing a head covering if it meets the following criteria:
a. For medical or cosmetic reasons – In the event a participant is required by a licensed
medical physician to cover his/her head with a covering or wrap, the physician's
statement is required before the state association can approve a covering or wrap
which is not abrasive, hard or dangerous to any other player and which is attached
in such a way it is highly unlikely that it will come off during play.
b. For religious reasons – In the event there is documented evidence provided to the
state association that a participant may not expose his/her uncovered head, the state
association may approve a covering or wrap which is not abrasive, hard or
dangerous to any other player and which is attached in such a way it is highly
unlikely it will come off during play.

3.5 Situation A: ... The state association may authorize exceptions to the playing rules to provide
reasonable accommodations to participants with disabilities and/or special needs
or other unique and extenuating circumstances. The accommodations should not
fundamentally alter the sport, create risk of injury to the student-athlete/others or
place opponents at a disadvantage.

Note that, according to the NFHS (check your local listings) the documentation goes to the state association, and does not necessarily (by NFHS rule) follow the player to the game site. So as far as game officials are concerned, if the coach, or site director, or athletic director, states that the state has received documentation and that the exception has been approved, then it's play ball, we don't have to see said documentation. However, that being said (When in Rome ...), after the game, I would let my assignment commissioner know about the exception, and put the matter into his lap.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Nov 25, 2015 at 01:42pm.