View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 25, 2015, 11:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I did not say anything about agreeing with the rule. I actually do not agree or disagree with the rule at all. The rule written very clearly. But it is not easy to deal with if you do not even understand when an instigator of a fight has taken place.
I agree you never voiced your agreement/disagreement with the rule. I said "most people," i.e. the people who have replied to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
You wish they could keep a player in the game after his unsporting act leads directly to a fight.
No, I said I wasn't a huge fan of the way the rule itself is written. In certain situations, it doesn't seem like it would be a fair punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I don't feel sorry for players who are knuckleheads. Almost every fight in basketball is the result of one player committing an unsporting, flagrant, or intentional act directed towards another player. Players taunt opponents in order to induce a negative reaction. If that negative reaction is violent shove, a punch, or a kick, then too bad for the player who taunted, his butt is gone also.
Sure, I can see why you think its fair.

Last edited by Adam; Wed Nov 25, 2015 at 01:52pm. Reason: More clean up