View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 13, 2015, 01:04am
beware big brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy Zebra View Post
I'm doing play by play for our local JuCo this year and I'd like some help. Being a football official, I know what it's like to watch/listen to a game and have to hear a commentator spout false information. So I'd like y'all to help me not be that guy by answering a few questions. Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Does NJCAA play by NCAA rules? NCAA with modifications? Completely different book?

2. What do we as announcers get wrong the most?

3. What are the new changes/points of emphasis this year?

4. Major differences between the men's and women's rule set?

5. Anything else you find yourself wanting to tell announcers when you're watching a game?

Thanks again for any help.
I don't listen to the announcer during the game, so I really cant give you much insight. I am a bit curious why you would need to know rules changes or points of emphasis. If you are broadcasting to an audience watching or perhaps listening to the game on radio or tv, I can understand how that knowledge might be useful, but as an announcer during the game aren't you just giving the names of players entering/leaving the game, who scored, who assisted, etc? I cant imagine a situation where the announcer would be describing or explaining a rule or poe to the crowd at a game.