View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 08, 2015, 01:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Maybe one of these days you'll realize that the only reason this thread got off topic was because you made a erroneous blanket statement and were correctly called out for it.

Either you haven't read what I've posted that addresses this, or you just don't want to admit that the rule supports my position and the case play.
This is what happen---

Jeff responded to Geof's comment about throw in and BC. He said a tip in the front court does not give TC. If you read his first sentence and the sentence after that comment you would realize he was clearly talking about a throw in. OFREF saw the tip statement and perceived it to be a blanket statement. He accidentally took it out of context and cited a case play dealing with a player inbounds. It had nothing to do with the throwin.

Jeff, instead of saying we are talking about a throw in and that play has nothing to do with this, said the play was wrong and didnt follow the rule. I posted because i thought jeff was saying that that play was wrong in every which way. The case play was correct and followed the rules just not the rules in the discussion. I realized after seeing his other posts that he was still thinking throw in. You were still thinking that he was claiming the case play was wrong as it existed. I dont think either of you were ever on the same page as to what each was saying.
so... OKREF cited a play that didnt apply. Jeff could have said that instead of it was wrong... Life is too short. lets talk about something else.