View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 06, 2015, 06:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
What was erroneous about your opinion was addressed in the case play that we have been debating. You made a blanket statement, whether or not you intended to, and you disagreed with the case play despite the fact that it makes sense given the rule and I pointed out the relevant rules to you.

No one is disagreeing with you on your points about a throw-in. But you explicitly stated that the case play was erroneous, and that's what we have been debating. I don't know what you don't understand about that.
The caseplay he was discussing at first was the one about the throw-in. That is the one I was discussing. But again, what did that have to do with my comment you quoted? The comment you keep quoting actually applies across the board. You cannot have Team Control until a player has control of the ball. That is basic in the rule. Not partial to a throw-in situation.

Here is an example:

A1 has the ball in Team A's FC. A1 passes a ball to A2, which is stolen and possessesd by B1 who then dribbles the ball. A3 knocks the ball away from B1 off of B1's leg. As the ball rolls away from B1, A3 hits the ball into Team A's BC, first touching the ball in their FC and then again in their BC where A3 gets possession of the basketball.

There is no BC violation as Team A or A3 never got player control of the ball until the ball was in their FC despite touching the basketball.

So until you have PC you do not have TC. Unless you can show me some rule that contradicts that, I will be waiting (well not really).

Peace