View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 02, 2015, 05:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
Should anyone be really surprised? Like anything, that may well be beneficial, when taken to ridiculous extreme can be twisted into something counterproductive.

Absolute perfection is a laudable objective and valid pursuit, but when people delude themselves into thinking they can achieve "absolute perfection", the wheels start to come off. When the illusion of "cure", turns out to be far more troublesome than whatever sickness you're dealing with, it's better to accept the reality of diminishing return, than insist on the "cure".

This sounds a lot more like the ACC, rather than face the reality that expecting absolute perfection, down to the level of a gnat's eyelash, is not and never will be possible in any facet of the game of football (playing, coaching, administering, rule making or officiating - in real time), chose simply to pander to the loudest complainers to protect, what they imagine, is there own illusion of perfection.
We do miss calls. And I am kind of surprised the ENTIRE crew is taking the bullet on this one. I'd have serious reservations allowing the replay official to work again at all though. He does his job (on EITHER of the final two plays), and no one gets suspended.

West Houston Mike