View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 30, 2015, 09:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePaul View Post
That's what I thought ... but I don't know NBA rules.

Also, how does Orlando end up with the ball there? Wouldn't this be a jump ball? The whistle on Washington for goaltending was overturned and there was no team control when the whistle sounded. (I'm sure the officials did this right -- just curious the rule)
At the time of the whistle, Orlando had gained control of the ball...hence them retaining position of the ball after the overturn. If the whistle had come in while the ball was loose, play would resume w/a jump ball at halfcourt between any two players in the game at the time of the call.

NBA Case Book (2014-2015)

225. Player A1’s field goal attempt at 2:01 of the fourth period is goaltended by B5 at 2:00 and the official has doubt whether the ball had started is downward flight. What is the procedure?

Since the call was made in the last two minutes of the fourth period, the officials will use Instant Replay to determine if the goaltending call was correctly assessed or if there is clear and conclusive visual evidence that the ball was not on its downward flight. If the call is overturned, it will be treated as a suspension of play and a jump ball between any two players in the game will be held at center court if the ball was loose when the whistle was blown or returned to the team that had control of the ball when the whistle was sounded.

RULE 13 - SECTION I - a (13)
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.